Antidepressant-like effects of 3-carboxamido seco-nalmefene (3CS-nalmefene), a novel opioid receptor modulator, in a rat IFN-α-induced depression model is published in Brain, Behaviour and Immunity Charlotte K. Callaghan, Jennifer Rouine, Reginald L. Dean, Brian I Knapp, Jean M. Bidlack, Daniel R. Deaver & Shane M. O’Mara https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2017.08.016 Highlights IFN-α treatment induced depressive-like and cognitive deficits in the rat. IFN-α increased IL-6, IL-1β… Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- Hellraiser, sadomasochism, distributed and dismembered consciousness, and the brain's experience of pain
- Electroconvulsive shock and transcranial stimulation as torture methods in George Orwell's 1984
- WHAT I DO
- Roles for the cyclooxygenases (especially COX 2) in learning and memory, as well as in synaptic plasticity.
- Torture methods employed for perceptual, personality and behavioural modification in Orwell's '1984' and Koestler's 'Darkness at Noon'
- What use are PhD’s? What future do they have?
- Marathon Man: Hoffman, Olivier, Paranoia and Tortured Information Extraction
Blogs I Follow
- Intel Today
- basic statistics
- The Hardest Science
- Biz Psycho
- West Hunter
- Rupert Stone
- Boot Camp & Military Fitness Institute
- Jason Collins blog
- The Journal of Public Policy
- The Creativity Guru
- Cap and Gown
- Science & research news | Frontiers
- Luke Writes What You Read