From Quartz “It was when he became a father that Michael Briggs resolved to somehow bring his ulcerative colitis under control. He was determined to avoid what many people with the disease end up needing—having part or all of their large intestine removed. A trained scientist, manager of a physics lab at the University of… Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- Hellraiser, sadomasochism, distributed and dismembered consciousness, and the brain's experience of pain
- Electroconvulsive shock and transcranial stimulation as torture methods in George Orwell's 1984
- WHAT I DO
- Roles for the cyclooxygenases (especially COX 2) in learning and memory, as well as in synaptic plasticity.
- Torture methods employed for perceptual, personality and behavioural modification in Orwell's '1984' and Koestler's 'Darkness at Noon'
- What use are PhD’s? What future do they have?
- Marathon Man: Hoffman, Olivier, Paranoia and Tortured Information Extraction
Blogs I Follow
- Intel Today
- basic statistics
- The Hardest Science
- Biz Psycho
- West Hunter
- Rupert Stone
- Boot Camp & Military Fitness Institute
- Jason Collins blog
- The Journal of Public Policy
- The Creativity Guru
- Cap and Gown
- Science & research news | Frontiers
- Luke Writes What You Read