Acute phase plasma proteins are altered by electroconvulsive stimulation. J Psychopharmacol. 2014 Sep 29. pii: 0269881114552742. [Epub ahead of print] Glaviano A, O’Donovan SM, Ryan K, O’Mara S, Dunn MJ, McLoughlin DM. Download the paper. Abstract Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is an effective antidepressant treatment, but its molecular mechanisms of action remain to be fully elucidated.… Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- Hellraiser, sadomasochism, distributed and dismembered consciousness, and the brain's experience of pain
- Electroconvulsive shock and transcranial stimulation as torture methods in George Orwell's 1984
- WHAT I DO
- Roles for the cyclooxygenases (especially COX 2) in learning and memory, as well as in synaptic plasticity.
- Torture methods employed for perceptual, personality and behavioural modification in Orwell's '1984' and Koestler's 'Darkness at Noon'
- What use are PhD’s? What future do they have?
- Marathon Man: Hoffman, Olivier, Paranoia and Tortured Information Extraction
Blogs I Follow
- Intel Today
- basic statistics
- The Hardest Science
- Biz Psycho
- West Hunter
- Rupert Stone
- Boot Camp & Military Fitness Institute
- Jason Collins blog
- The Journal of Public Policy
- The Creativity Guru
- Cap and Gown
- Science & research news | Frontiers
- Luke Writes What You Read