Important systematic review evidence for the efficacy of physical activity on mood, adding further to the evidence base that exercise plays a very positive neuroregulatory role (see also this Cochrane systematic review downloadable here; and some of our own work here). Am J Prev Med. 2013 Nov;45(5):649-57. doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2013.08.001. Physical activity and the prevention of depression: a systematic… Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- Hellraiser, sadomasochism, distributed and dismembered consciousness, and the brain's experience of pain
- Electroconvulsive shock and transcranial stimulation as torture methods in George Orwell's 1984
- WHAT I DO
- Roles for the cyclooxygenases (especially COX 2) in learning and memory, as well as in synaptic plasticity.
- Torture methods employed for perceptual, personality and behavioural modification in Orwell's '1984' and Koestler's 'Darkness at Noon'
- What use are PhD’s? What future do they have?
- Marathon Man: Hoffman, Olivier, Paranoia and Tortured Information Extraction
Blogs I Follow
- Intel Today
- basic statistics
- The Hardest Science
- Biz Psycho
- West Hunter
- Rupert Stone
- Boot Camp & Military Fitness Institute
- Jason Collins blog
- The Journal of Public Policy
- The Creativity Guru
- Cap and Gown
- Science & research news | Frontiers
- Luke Writes What You Read