The psychostimulant modafinil facilitates water maze performance and augments synaptic potentiation in dentate gyrus. [download here] Neuropharmacology. 2010 Jul-Aug;59(1-2):9-19. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2010.03.010. Epub 2010 Mar 27. Tsanov M, Lyons DG, Barlow S, González Reyes RE, O’Mara SM. Source Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland. Abstract Modafinil is a psychostimulant drug used widely for the treatment of… Read More
Top Posts & Pages
- Hellraiser, sadomasochism, distributed and dismembered consciousness, and the brain's experience of pain
- Electroconvulsive shock and transcranial stimulation as torture methods in George Orwell's 1984
- WHAT I DO
- Roles for the cyclooxygenases (especially COX 2) in learning and memory, as well as in synaptic plasticity.
- Torture methods employed for perceptual, personality and behavioural modification in Orwell's '1984' and Koestler's 'Darkness at Noon'
- What use are PhD’s? What future do they have?
- Marathon Man: Hoffman, Olivier, Paranoia and Tortured Information Extraction
Blogs I Follow
- Intel Today
- basic statistics
- The Hardest Science
- Biz Psycho
- West Hunter
- Rupert Stone
- Boot Camp & Military Fitness Institute
- Jason Collins blog
- The Journal of Public Policy
- The Creativity Guru
- Cap and Gown
- Science & research news | Frontiers
- Luke Writes What You Read